Anglezarke - Year 3 and Year 4 2020 - 2021
Thank you for taking the time to visit our class page. My name is Mr Birchall and I teach Anglezarke class. We are named after a local reservoir and we are a mixed age class of Year 3 and 4 children. When I am teaching I aim to make the learning for the children, enjoyable, challenging and most importantly memorable. This is generally based on the needs of each child’s needs and interests, whilst following statutory guidance
In class we promote our 8 core values.
These are important skills that I encourage the children to use and develop on a daily basis in order to provide a happy learning environment where everyone can thrive.
Please find our current class timetable below.
On a wednesday afternoon I have my allocated planning time, during this afternoon Miss Mansfield will cover the class.
We are currently learning about the Romans and the impact they had on life in Britain. In our Science we have been exploring different habitats, ecosystems and the effects climate change is having on these.
How you can support your child
- Reading with your child as often as possible.
- Discuss their book, asking them questions about what they have read.
- Share a range of other reading material, sharing a book where your child reads and you read to them.
- Encourage your child to bring their reading book every day.
- Supporting your child with their weekly homework and encouraging them to hand it in on time.
- Help you child learn their spellings.
- Play number games and help your child learn their Times Tables.
- Come in to share our topic days with the children.
- Go out and about, bake a cake, make memories.
Homework is sent out weekly on a Friday and consists of Maths, English and spellings. It is to be returned to school the following Thursday. The homework is to consolidate the learning previously completed in class, or to move children on to the next steps in learning. A weekly spelling test will take place each Friday.
It is imperative that your child spends time reading during the week and we encourage you to discuss the books and vocabulary with them. Although many children read independently, it is still important for them to complete their reading records and have this signed by a parent/ guardian when the reading has taken place.
Files to Download
Anglezarke - Year 3 and Year 4: News items
There are no News items to display
Anglezarke - Year 3 and Year 4: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Anglezarke - Year 3 and Year 4: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display