Sunnyhurst- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Sunnyhurst class which is a mixed age infant class of reception, year one and year two children. We promote self confident, happy, independent learners . We provide a very large, safe and stimulating environment indoors and outdoors.
Class teacher: Mrs Paula Roworth.
Learning Support Assistant: Miss Keely Evans
1:1 support assisstants :Mrs Sarah Munday and Mrs Lucy Young
Here are some of our routines:
Continuous Provision Our provision is developed with the children. We plan together sharing the children's ideas and interests. They are able to make choices and develop their own ideas. We aim to provide a wide variety of relevant and worthwhile experiences that will challenge children of all abilities, develop their knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum.
PE Our class PE lessons are on Wednesday and Friday afternoon.
Homework: is given out on a Friday and is to be handed in by the following Wednesday.
Phonics: We have a daily phonics sesson which covers the statutory phonics using Letters and Sounds. Children work through phase 2, 3, 4 5 and 6 of Letters and Sounds during the infants.
Reading: Children have a group guided reading session with their teacher to develop new reading skills and comprehension skills. We aim to read with each pupil each week. Children are encouraged to read daily with an adult at home.
How you can help.
- Reading with your child as often as possible.
- Discussing their book, asking them questions about what they have read .
- Sharing a range of other reading material, sharing a book where your child reads and you read to them.
- Encourage your child to bring their reading book every day.
- Supporting your child with their weekly homework and encouraging them to hand it in on time.
- Help them to learn their spellings.
- Play number games and help them to learn their numbers to 20.
- Come in to discuss any queries or problems that may have arisen, after school as is necessary.
- Come in to share our topic days with the children.
Files to Download
Sunnyhurst- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Sunnyhurst- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Sunnyhurst- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display