At Abbey Village Primary School, we recognise how important it is for children to receive a high quality education. In the case of having to close a class due to COVID 19 or otherwise, we may have to switch to Remote Learning to ensure that your child continues to receive high quality education. In the event of a class closure, the following steps will be taken:
1) Remote Learning will be available within the first morning of a closure
2) A Microsoft Teams or Zoom call will be arranged with your child's class teacher to ensure that all children and parents are aware of what will happen as soon possible within the first morning.
3) Work packs will be available to download from Microsoft Teams. If you have no access to a printer, please contact us and we can arrange this for you.
4) If you need ICT support, loan equipment is available if required.
5) Lessons will be a mixture of live, pre-record and independent study. This is to ensure that we can continue to directly tailor the learning to your child by delivering bespoke small group input, rather than whole class direction.
6) Staff are onhand to support with ICT issues or learning queries at all times during the school day.
7) Daily check in by our members of staff via the telephone or doorstep if needed.
8) Free School Meals are still available for any child who is entitled. We will contact you to ask if you would like us to organise this.
Log In Links are available below:
Your child's individual passwords for the above websites should be found within your child's reading diary. If you do not have this, please contact the school office.