Sunnyhurst- Pre-School, Reception and Year 1 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Sunnyhurst class which is a mixed age infant class of pre-school, reception and year 1 children. We promote self confident, happy, independent learners . We provide a very large, safe and stimulating environment indoors and outdoors.
Class teacher: Miss Sophie Christopherson
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs Christine Williams
Support assisstants : Mrs Sarah Munday and Miss Catherine Mansfield
New Starter E Book- take a look at our welcome book for our new children: Abbey Village Primary School, Lancashire (flippingbook.com)
Here are some of our routines:
Continuous Provision: Our provision is developed with the children. We plan together sharing the children's ideas and interests. They are able to make choices and develop their own ideas. We aim to provide a wide variety of relevant and worthwhile experiences that will challenge children of all abilities, develop their knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum.
PE Our class PE lessons are on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.
Homework: is given out on a Friday and is to be handed in by the following Friday.
Phonics: We have a daily active phonics sesson which covers the statutory DfE regulated phonics using the Supersonic Phonics Friends Scheme. Children have many opportunities to practise their phonics in provision provided throughout the classroom.
Supersonic Phonics- Parent Information
Reading: Children have a group guided reading session with their teacher to develop new reading skills and comprehension skills. We aim to read with each pupil each week. Children are encouraged to read daily with an adult at home.
Spelling: Children in year 1 learn spellings each week. Please practise 3 times ready for a spelling quiz on Friday.
How you can help.
- Reading with your child as often as possible.
- Discussing their book, asking them questions about what they have read .
- Sharing a range of other reading material, sharing a book where your child reads and you read to them.
- Encourage your child to bring their reading book every day.
- Supporting your child with their weekly homework and encouraging them to hand it in on time.
- Help them to learn their spellings.
- Play number games and help them to learn their numbers to 20.
- Come in to discuss any queries or problems that may have arisen, after school as is necessary.
- Come in to share our topic days with the children.
To keep up to date with what is happening in Sunnyhurst , follow us onTwitter
Files to Download
Sunnyhurst- Pre-School, Reception and Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Sunnyhurst- Pre-School, Reception and Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Sunnyhurst- Pre-School, Reception and Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Sunnyhurst- Pre-School, Reception and Year 1: Calendar items
School closes 2.20pm - Easter Holiday, by Mrs Tildsley
School Opens, by Mrs Tildsley
School Closed - Bank Holiday, by Mrs Tildsley