Welcome to the Early Years Foundation Stage at Abbey Village Primary School. We hope you and your child/children will enjoy the time you spend with us and find this information useful. We offer a Foundation Stage, full of fun and excitement, within a wonderful learning environment. We are committed to working together with you to ensure that your children have a happy and successful experience during their time in the Early Years. We know that children learn best when parents, carers and staff work together to encourage and support children’s learning experiences.
The team that will be teaching and looking after your child/children are Mrs Roworth and Miss Evans.
Mrs Roworth class teacher Miss Evans
We will all work as a team so please feel free to come in and talk to any one of us if you have any concerns or news you would like to share. As part of that team, both Mrs Roworth and Miss Evans will be working together as the key people for your child/children, but we do like to encourage the children to make their own decisions and to develop independence in approaching whichever adult they feel most comfortable with.
We have an Early years class where:
- every child matters
- children are eager to learn and thoroughly enjoy their learning experiences through practical, challenging activities
- children quickly develop a good level of independence which helps them to confidently approach a range of tasks
- the individual needs of the child are catered for within their programme of study
- each child’s progress is carefully monitored, recorded, and then used to further enhance their learning
- strong links are formed between home and school and the wider community
- the children are well behaved and considerate towards others
- the highly skilled staff in this class are able to draw on their knowledge of each child to ensure they develop in all areas
The combination of this stimulating environment, responsive practitioners and children, and involvement from parents ensures our children make excellent progress.
“Children get off to a flying start to their time at Abbey Village School because of highly effective teaching and learning in the early years. Staff have made good use of the large classroom that is shared by Reception and Year 1 so that children have access to all areas of the early years curriculum. There is an appropriate balance of activities led by adults and ones that children choose for themselves.” - OFSTED 2017
Support your child at home and understand the development stages that children go through. Click on the images below.