Vision, Mission Statement & Values
Our Vision Statement
‘Together We Achieve’
Our vision for Abbey Village Primary School reflects our wholehearted commitment to learning and recognition of the uniqueness of individual learners. It is driven by our deep desire to offer the very best possible education for every child. Through working in partnership with our parents and local community, our children learn in a nurturing and safe environment. We believe our approach will encourage and inspire a love of learning, unlock every child's true potential as a learner and prepare them to successfully meet the challenges of the next stage of education and their lives.
Our Mission Statement
Abbey Village Primary School nurtures its pupils by:
- Providing a safe, happy school in which pastoral care is given the highest priority by our pastoral support team;
- Expecting and promoting the highest standards of behaviour;
- Giving children an excellent, secure start to their school experience in Reception and establishing positive relationships with parents;
- Developing a strong sense of community and pride, with a ‘family feel' to the school.
Abbey Village Primary School encourages its pupils to excel by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement across a broad, well- planned curriculum;
- Using our beautiful school grounds and local environment to stimulate a love of learning in all children and encouraging musical talent through performing arts;
- Being inclusive and committed to providing for individual needs;
- Ensuring that staff are given opportunities to grow as learners and to share quality practice with other professionals.
Abbey Village Primary School encourages its pupils to become independent learners by:
- Celebrating individual strengths, talents and progress;
- Fostering a willingness to take risks and to persevere in new learning situations;
- Promoting respectful attitudes and encouraging them to have a voice in the running of the school.
Our School Aims
- To develop every child to their full potential in all areas of learning- emotional, intellectual, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
- To provide the full breadth of the National Curriculum with emphasis on the basic skills of English, mathematics , science and computing.
- To ensure excellence in teaching and learning within a high-quality learning environment.
- To develop imaginative, creative , lively and enquiring minds with the confidence to ask questions.
- To develop resilience and perseverance becoming creative and independent thinkers and learners for life within an ever-changing world.
- To develop children's ability to work as contributors within co-operative groups, within school and wider community and an understanding and tolerance of the beliefs of others.
- To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievements of all members of our school family.
- To teach children the role of stewardship.
- To develop interests and skills which enable children to enjoy and make the best use of leisure time.
- To develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.
- To develop skills that allow children to see and appreciate the beauty in the world around us and participate in creative arts.
- To develop understanding of the world in which they live.
- To appreciate achievements and aspirations, valuing contributions from all within our school community.
- To develop a wide range of physical skills and an understanding of healthy lifestyles and why they are important.
- To promote British values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the school and wider communities and an understanding and tolerance of the beliefs of others.
Our ‘ Magic Eight’ Core Values
I don't give up. I try new things. I always respect others. I try my best to concentrate.
I try my best to be motivated. I always try my best to improve.
I imagine ( there are no limits to my learning). I push myself.
As a school community we have given great consideration to our school values. They help us understand how we can positively contribute to school and our wider community. We work hard to put these values and behaviours into practice in our daily lives.
Our mission statement outlines the key aim to ensure that our children become valuable and fully rounded members of society who treat others with respect and tolerance, regardless of background.
Through assemblies, themed weeks and events linked to current affairs we promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Children learn about the basic British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for different faiths and beliefs in order to prepare them for life in modern Britain.
Click on the image to find out how we promote British values